The Energy Policy Act of 2005 created the Energy-Efficient Commercial Buildings Tax Deduction. It is intended to reduce the initial cost of investing in energy-efficient building systems via an accelerated tax deduction. Today, most building code requirements call for much higher energy efficiency standards, so there is a good chance that new construction projects will qualify.
- Building owners and lessees who make energy-efficient improvements to their commercial buildings
- Architects, engineers and contractors engaged in the design work of federal, state or local government-owned buildings
- Qualifying businesses can receive up to $1.80 per square foot in deductions for eligible projects placed into service any time from 2006 to 2016
- Includes energy improvements covering lighting, HVAC and building envelope projects
- Provides the ability to go back three years to receive the benefit
Applying is Easy!
Most business owners are not aware of this tax credit and don’t really know where to begin, but Refocused Business Consulting is here to help. We’re happy to provide you with a free consultation to answer all of your questions and find out if you qualify. If you do, we’ll be able to estimate your tax credit before you make any commitment. We also assist in completing the necessary documentation and substantiating your claim. Finally, we’ll work directly with your CPA to assure that all documentation is submitted properly.